Monday 3 August 2015

Two weeks in...

Happy Monday,

Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend, it is a bank holiday here too but seeing as I don't have a job yet, everyday is a holiday :-) So I am here two weeks today. To be honest I feel like I am here about a month. We have done a lot in the past two weeks, so I guess I'll fill you in. Last week we went to the Islands. Its a ten minutes ferry ride over and only cost $7. It is really pretty over there with beautiful beaches and lots to do.



Parker and myself rented a two seater quadricycle to see the island while some of our friends rented regular bikes. We had lots of fun cycling around and ringing the bell at people. When I go again I might rent a regular bike as we weren't allowed on the promenade or over bridges on the quadricycle. All in all it was a great day out and  already I can't wait to go again!



Between all the sight seeing and fun stuff, we have been looking for an apartment of our own. At the moment we are lucky enough to stay with friends, I am repaying them in cheesecakes! Luckily we found a place we really love and all going well we are moving in on the 24th of August and as luck would have it all we have to do is go down ten flights of stairs to our new home! The area we are in is great, two amazing restaurants at the foot of the building, a short walk to the waterfront and very close to the heart of downtown Toronto. The building itself has great facilities, a gym, pool, spa, games room, home cinema, BBQ area and so on! 





I can't begin to describe the food here, everywhere I have eaten so far has been amazing. From the well know Five Guys and Chipotle to places like The Bier Markt and Warehouse. The restaurant Warehouse always has a queue out the door because everyday everything on the Menu is $4.95...Everything! I better start using the gym and pool facilities here at the rate I am eating!




To finish a great week, on Saturday night we went to see James Bay and George Ezra in concert. Parker bought me tickets as a surprise before we left and I was really looking forward to it. I wasn't disappointed. Prior to going I was more excited about seeing George Ezra  and he was excellent however in my opinion it was all about James Bay. His voice is sensational and I may be in love with him...sorry Parker! I will leave you with a mash up of the man himself! <3







Talk soon xx

Zita J 




No comments:

Post a Comment