Friday 20 January 2017

Foodie Friday- Loaded Pierogi.


Happy Friday!

It's been an eventful week, one of my friends was over here for 5 days so I got to spend some time with her and show her some of my favourite eating spots, of course. We also went to Kings of Leon on Monday and they were brilliant, as usual. I'm hoping this weekend I don't do much and take a weekend off to just relax but I won't speak too soon. Come 5 o clock, I'll be like.. "Hey, who wants to go drinking?".

This weeks Foodie Friday I decided to write about a place I went to during the week called Loaded Pierogi, its just down the street from where I work. I had never heard of pierogi's before and for any of you who haven't either they are basically filled dumplings that can be boiled or fried. They are most popular in Eastern European countries like Poland and the Ukraine.
 


This particular restaurant I went to have lots of options to choose from. I was under the impression before I went in there that the pierogi would be stuffed with the fillings you like inside, however its not. The peirogi's come just filled with potato with toppings on them instead. 

Each dish comes with 8 medium sized pierogi, you can have them fried or boiled or 4 fried and 4 boiled. I chose 4 and 4, The choice of toppings is huge, you can have lobster, crispy confit duck, pulled pork, bacon, buffalo chicken. The list goes on! Surprising enough I didn't pick bacon, I picked my second love, chicken. The toppings I picked was the crispy breaded chicken with spicy bbq sauce, cheese, buttermilk ranch sauce, sour cream and green onions


It was delicious! I cannot wait to go back and try different ones. The location I went to is a cozy modern restaurant with helpful friendly staff. Oh and did I forget to mention its also a vodka bar!

Locations at:
839 QUEEN ST WEST TORONTO, ON M6J 1G4

1044 GERRARD ST EAST TORONTO, ON M4M 1Z8

9-1/2 CHURCH ST. TORONTO, ON, M5E 1M2



Talk soon xx
Zita J

No comments:

Post a Comment