Friday 16 February 2018

My travel plans so far this year

Happy Friday!

Look at me doing another blog post already. I was too excited not to share my travel plans this year, so I said I would fill you in seeing as the first trip happens tomorrow. This weekend is a long weekend in Ontario. There isn't that many long weekends in Canada so you really need to maximize these days and do as much as possible.

Tomorrow we head to Quebec City. We have been to the province of Quebec last year when we went to Montreal, click here  to read my post on it but Quebec City was on my list too and when the chance arose we had to take it. Montreal was so beautiful and very french and Quebec City is suppose to be even more french. Pity French was the reason I repeated my Leaving Cert. Here is hoping they speak English back to me!

We are heading with our two friends for two nights. We decided to fly there because driving is around 10 hours and a train is 8. A one hour flight was the best option. The airport that we fly out of is also a 10 minute walk from our apartment which is so handy. I am really looking forward to seeing Quebec City and enjoying a little break away.

Streets of Montreal

Our second trip is going to be in March for Paddy's weekend. We are heading back to NYC. Two of my friends from home are going that weekend too so we are meeting them there. Its only an hour flight from Toronto so I couldn't resist. When I went to New York the last time, I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. I think about it a lot and I can't wait to go back and see more of it. You can read my New York post here. I think going to NYC for Paddy's weekend should be so fun too.


The latest trip we have booked, is the one I am most excited about. The reason being is I have wanted to go to this place from the day I decided to move to Canada. It's what I picture when I think of Canada... trees, mountains and bears. Don't get me wrong I love Toronto so much but I need to see the "real" Canada before I leave. So, in May we are flying from Toronto to Calgary, staying in Banff for two nights and exploring the beautiful Rockies. We are also staying two nights in Calgary. I am beyond excited for this trip. Its only a 4 day trip but as I said we get very little holidays here so I am making the most of it. From Calgary we are flying to Cork via London. One of  my friends is getting married and it's the first of the girls to get married so it's so special. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Hoping to see more wildlife in Banff

We fly back to Toronto then via Iceland. Its a lot of flights but we tried to book it so it wouldn't be crazy expensive. All these stopovers will be worth it! Right, I am off to finish packing and to get ready for Quebec City.

Have a great weekend!
Talk soon xx
Zita J


No comments:

Post a Comment