Friday 2 March 2018

Quebec City

So, our first trip of the year happened 2 weeks ago. We flew to Quebec City from Toronto City airport on Saturday morning. I love flying from Toronto City airport, its a 10 minute walk from our apartment and the departure lounge has free refreshments, which makes me feel like a VIP. lol! 
One thing I am not a fan of is the tiny planes, for someone who loves to travel, I am not the best flyer. I blame watching the film Final Destination when I was younger. Haha!


Quebec City is so beautiful. I have been to Montreal but I think Quebec City is completely different. It doesn't feel like you are in Canada. Everyone speaks French and all the menus, signs etc are in French. I obviously knew this going there but I did not expect it to be as French as it was. I really liked that though, I felt like I was half way across the world.We mainly just walked around the old town and took pictures of the main building Chateau Frontenac which is spectacular. The old town is so pretty that you can spend hours wandering around all the cute little streets.



Frozen Maple Syrup

Twice I was forced into doing the toboggan slide (cos I am a wimp) which is located right beside the Chateau Frontenac. Both times, I loved it. I need to be pushed to do these things some times and I usually, I wont say always, enjoy it! The view from the top before you slide down is amazing. It's something I would definitely recommend.



We went to Quebec City with our two friends. The same couple we went to Vegas with 2 years ago. There is a little joke we have about Vegas as it was a bit of a disaster. It ended up being a very relaxing long weekend instead of the crazy Vegas weekend we had imagined. When we were going to Quebec, we joked that we couldn't wait to catch up on some sleep. However, this trip ended up being a bit of a messy one and while I had plans of writing about all the great food recommendations and fun activities, to be perfectly honest we spent it either drinking or hungover. Sure, how bad!



The two pictures above were taken from the restaurant Ciel Bistro Bar. I think its a must if you go to Quebec City, its a revolving 360 restaurant so you get to see so much and the cocktails are delicious! I would definitely recommend Quebec City, I'd say before Christmas would be a magical time to go.


Only 14 more sleeps until our next trip to NYC for Paddys weekend!!! Woohoo!

Have a great weekend and I hope you all enjoyed the snow days in Ireland. 

Talk soon xx

Zita J














No comments:

Post a Comment