Monday 29 June 2015

"I hope that I can say, when all my days are done, that I had my fun"

Hey guys,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! What a yucky Monday it is outside, its like a winters day!I hope it gets nicer for the week ahead. Last week was jam packed! My week flew because I had so much going on, none of which was Canada related. ( I really need to start getting organised!). On Wednesday night I went to Live at the Marquee with my sister and my cousin. Ellie Goulding was playing but the main reason we went was because my sisters friend was the supporting act for Ellie. Her band is called Blooms and they were amazing, she has such a beautiful and unique voice. You should definitely check her out!



The next night I went to Kodaline with my boyfriend. He got me tickets as a present months ago. They were outstanding! The crowd sang word for word every song. It was a great night. The next day wasn't great however as it was my last day with the children in work. We had a graduation for them where they performed songs and a dance. I was so proud of how well they did and how cute they looked. Saying goodbye to some of the families was so difficult as I had a really lovely connection with some of them. I got such thoughtful gifts and received  kind words and well wishes for my new adventure. I have two more days left in work now as I help them prepare for September and on Thursday we are heading to Kenmare for a team building day and for me, its one last hurrah with my work mates.



On Friday, I went to the dog track for a well deserved work night out. We had a ball, myself especially, as I won money from 5 out of 11 races. ( bare in mind some races I got 20c back but nonetheless I was very excited). We gambled, had some drinks and food and the night ended with some hilarious dance routines and a sing song. All in all, a great night!



On Saturday, I got my hair done. For the people that have to put up with me on a daily basis they will know that when I get an idea into my head I want it done...Yesterday. I decided I wanted to get rid of my jet black hair. As if things aren't changing enough for me I said why not change my hair too. I wanted to go to a brown with caramel tones and that's what I got! I am so happy with it! I just have to make sure I don't get any ideas to change it for awhile!



That night I attended a 40th wedding anniversary of the parents of my friend/cousin, Rosie. What a fabulous night. We all got a bus down to the Auld Triangle in Macroom and celebrated this amazing milestone. Her parents have been so good to me over the years and are like my second family, I was so happy to be part of their night and I even got up and sang a song for them. I will really miss walking into their house without knocking and making myself at home there. The food and desserts we superb in the Auld Triangle. For anyone who has never been, you really should try it. An extra plus of the night was being reunited with my friend who has been travelling for the last 6 months! Its good to have you back Aoife :-) Below are a few pictures of the night.






Hope you all had a fun filled weekend also!

"I hope that I can say

When all my days are done

That I had my fun"-Kodaline


I'm off to organise my last work event happening this Thursday. Wish me luck! 

Talk soon xx

Zita J





No comments:

Post a Comment