Monday 22 June 2015

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! I really enjoyed mine. I went to The Cork Summer Show on Saturday with a few friends. We had a great time drinking cocktails and beer in the glorious sunshine while walking around looking at the animals and enjoying all the entertainment. My sister and Nancy joined us.Nancy had a ball looking at the "cute" animals, dancing to the country music and having her favourite food, pizza. For anyone who has never been to the Cork Summer Show, you should definitely pencil it into your diary for next year. Its brilliant for all ages and when the sun is shining you feel like you could be anywhere in the world.





After having such a nice weekend, you would think I would be dreading Monday and the week ahead right? Well, you would be right there. I am dreading it! Why? The reason being is its my last week in work. 

Some of you may know that I work with children. Since receiving my degree in Early Childhood Studies three years ago I have worked in three settings. The two settings previous to where I am now were both outstanding services with excellent childcare workers, some of whom I am still in contact with today. Currently and where I have been for nearly two years is Togher Family Centre and you have no idea the pride I feel when I tell people I work here. It is an exceptional centre that the people of Togher are so lucky to have. However what makes it so exceptional is the people inside.




Let me take you back a few years to when I undertook my work placement for college, I was a student at Togher Family Centre and I felt so welcomed and learned so much. Little did I know years later I would be the Preschool Assistant Supervisor, organising work nights out and writing a blog post on how I will miss working there. Luckily with the constant support I get from my manager I have thankfully received a one year career break, meaning if I decided to come home from Canada a year from now I can just slot right back in to my job.However, there is a real possibility that I might not return after a year and potentially when I am saying bye to my amazing colleagues this could be a longer goodbye than we all expect.

This week is going to be full of emotions with the preparations for the childrens graduation, so before things get too busy and everyone gets ready for their summer holidays I want to say thank you.

Thank you to all the staff from each room for being such great workers, educators, for the support you gave me during tough times and also for being great friends. I have become so close to some of you and I hope these friendships can continue for years to come.

Thank you to all the preschool staff, for the laughs, the tears, the dance moves and for all having such different personalities, its what made ye such a great bunch to work with.

 P.s "I wasn't there!" (private joke)





To my right hand woman, my work Mum and friend, Nora. You have taught me so much. I remember when I was a student and I was nearly finished my placement, you sat me down and told me, "If you don't work with children in the future it will be a shame." , It is you that has made me believe in my ability and gave me the confidence to be a leader. Thank you for always supporting me, making me laugh and making me see the true magic of childhood. I will forever look up to you.




To the parents and people of Togher, thank you for making me feel part of your community. For sharing your stories, experiences and for trusting me with your worries and your most prized possession.

Last but certainly not least, the children. Thank you to the fantastic children I have had the pleasure of teaching over the last two years. Each and every one of you are so special and unique. For anyone lucky enough to work with 3-5 year olds you will know that, what you see, is what you get. If you have a spot.. they will tell you. If they do a fart...they will tell you. If they don't like something they will tell you. They are honest, kind, curious, loving, adventurous among a million other qualities that I hope they never lose as they embark on their new chapter to "Big School". Although I was teaching them, they have taught me so much, besides all the names of the characters from Frozen, Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Big Hero 6. Every day they show me how to have fun, how to let go of worries and how to live in the moment. I am so proud of  them and how ready they are to move on. To the children I don't get to be with next year I know ye are in the most amazing hands.


" You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing"












Thank you for the memories <3 

Zita J 

xx














No comments:

Post a Comment