Monday 1 June 2015

Quality Time


Hope you all had a nice bank holiday weekend,

I'm just back after spending a lovely few days in Spain. The weather was certainly a little different to what it is right now in Cork. Myself and Parker went to Spain to spend some time with my Dad before we head off in July. It was great to take a few days off work and just relax and enjoy some overdue quality time with my Dad who I don't see as often as I would like.

As holidays go I spent most of mine...eating. I can well and truly say I have had enough prawn pil pil to last me a month. Of the four days we were there we went out for dinner twice. We enjoyed some delicious tapas,desserts and of course cocktails. I always think that other countries make more of an effort when it comes to cocktail making compared to here. The other two nights we had a BBQ on the balcony over looking the beach.


During the day time we mainly spent it sunbathing, which is of no benefit to me as I could quite possibly be the palest human on earth. Even when I was sitting on the plane earlier I said to Parker, "Look I have a tan, don't I?" and he just smiled and nodded. I don't have what other people call a tan but I am definitely a different shade of pale.

On Saturday we took a trip to Puerto Banus. I have been there a few times but Parker has not so I wanted him to see the copious amounts of money spent on yachts and cars.


While walking around Puerto Banus we passed a place called Ocean Club which is renowned for seeing celebrities and people with lots of money lounge around drinking champagne. That's not to say if someone handed me a load of cash that I wouldn't go in. I am probably just jealous really. As we strolled passed Ocean Club, Parker spotted a Man United player, Januzaj. He was having lunch with friends but we were both too scared to ask for a picture. On our way back I thought I would be all brave, bragging "I don't care, I will get a picture" but I chickened out. However, Parker did wave at him and he waved back, I was delighted with myself even if he does look like he still needs parental supervision at the cinema.

To sum up my short little break away, I think no matter where you are if the sun is shining you are always going to enjoy yourself. Driving to the airport this morning I was thinking about the next time I will be going to the airport will be July 20th. As I got out to give my Dad a hug and kiss I got a bit teary eyed. I am not sure was it the fact that it is Monday and the end of a holiday or was it the uncertainty of when I would see him again. Queuing up to check in I couldn't help but think, "God help the people around me in July if I am getting emotional already". 




In the next few weeks I am going to embrace the time I get to spend with family and friends. After all the greatest gift you can give someone is your time, as you are giving them a piece of your life that you can never get back. Surround yourselves with the ones you love everyone <3

Talk soon xx

Zita J 

p.s see more pics below of my holiday or follow me on Instagram (username: zitajames)


















No comments:

Post a Comment