Monday 9 November 2015

Its all about....My Mum


Seeing as its my Mum's Birthday tomorrow I said I would do a little appreciation post about her just like I did for my niece, Nancy. For anyone lucky enough to know my Mum she is an incredible women and some say a MILF, so I am hoping she passes on those genes. We are very alike and get into fits of giggles especially during times when we shouldn't, like phone calls to Sky or Eircom or Mass! 

We rarely argue as we both end up laughing. Even when she taught me to drive, most people get in fights with their parents during this stressful time but the two of us use to nearly wet ourselves up in Frankfield industrial estate. I have learned so much from her, she is so calm, patient, classy, creative and could sell ice to the Eskimos. She is an inspiration and If I am half the women she is when I am her age I would be honoured. I would say I am sad that I am missing her Birthday but I'm not because I can now count on one hand when I will see her next! After 4 months of being apart (the longest I have ever been away from her) I get to see her in a few days! I can not wait to see her and show her Toronto. As I like writing poems, I decided to do what I enjoy and try write a poem for her in honour of her Birthday tomorrow so here it goes...


From the day that we met little did I know,
The things that you'd teach me, 
the love you would show.

You've taught me to talk, to jump,skip and crawl
and as I've got bigger I have learned to stand tall.

We've been through a lot as you've watched me grow,
You continue to guide me when its high and its low.

You're strong and you're brave
You're beautiful and smart
You're confident and funny
and have a huge heart.

We are so alike, so emotional , so strange,
and I hope the bond between us won't change.

When I followed my dreams,
it meant being apart,
It was hard on us both and it broke my heart.

But I know that you love me and want me to be happy,
 I'm still your little girl...
I'm just not wearing a nappy!







Happy Birthday Mommy
Love you lots xx
Zita J





No comments:

Post a Comment