Monday 23 November 2015

It's all about..My Sister

This has now become a new tradition, to write poems for Birthdays.Today is my sister Cathy's Birthday.This time last year was super exciting because she turned the big 30 and we threw her a surprise party and then the two of us headed to London for a few days. This year she gets to spend it in her new home, which for anyone who doesn't follow her blog Turquoise Flamingo , you must! You'll see how creative she is and how amazing her new home looks, which I wish I could see in real life.

Today I miss another family Birthday. I love Birthdays! I think they should always be celebrated and you should do something nice for yourself. So Cathy, I hope you put your feet up and get spoiled. Sorry I am missing it but I hope you like the small pressie I sent home. Thank you for being a fantastic big sister, for your advice and guidance. Thank you for showing me how through anything you can run a business and raise a fabulous child all at the same time. Hope you like my weird poem, that has been inspired by Mary had a Little Lamb.. I have no idea why.


Cathy had a little girl
and a vintage shop.
Cathy had it online too
so the dream would never stop.

Cathy asked for a girl,
She was told it was a boy.
But when the doctors got it wrong,
It filled her heart with joy.

So Cathy raised this little girl,
with the help of Mr Louis.
She put a tea towel on her face,
when the nappies were too gooey.

She gagged sometimes, then laughed a lot
at the cutie on the floor.
Then picked her up and kissed her lots,
and loved her even more.

You see Cathy is special
and very talented too.
She's creative and she's smart,
and could design a house for you.

Cathy knows that on this day,
it means eating cake and some sweets,
so they gathered around in their new home,
to enjoy the cake and treats.

But something was missing for Cathy today,
A person so fantastic and fun.
She's pretty and she's great 
and only 25 years young.

"Maybe next year" she thought, that Taylor Swift would turn up,
They would drink wine
 have some beer..what a plan!
I'm funny, I know but remember, 
you rock from your sister and number one fan!



Happy Birthday xx
Love you lots
Zita J


No comments:

Post a Comment