Friday 22 July 2016

Foodie Friday- Porchetta & Co

Happy Friday!!

Finally it's here, don't know about you but I have had the longest week ever.( I will fill you in next week). For now its #FoddieFriday and the second post featuring all things food. Last week I wrote about RibFest and this week I am going to fill you in on a place I have wanted to go to for awhile and finally got the chance to last week.


Porchetta & Co.

If some of you don't know already, I am obsessed with rashers! Like its a proper serious thing haha. My parents used to call me " Rasher Kid" when I was smaller and nothing has changed really. Naturally then its only right that I had to go to a place that has a pig as its logo. Porchetta & Co has two locations and for anyone who may visit or is living in Toronto, I went to the one on King St West.



The signature of this sandwich shop is slow cooked porchetta. But it simply does not end there. The menu has a few amazing mouth watering options and of course myself and Parker got two different options so we could try both. Well that was the plan anyway.

I got the Porchetta plate and added poutine, just to be extra fat! For those who don't know, poutine is a Canadian dish, very similar to our gravy chips that you'd get in the chipper. This dish however had an extra special twist that I (being a pig lover) really enjoyed.....Crackling! Ugh, I can't cope thinking about it I just want to eat it again. The pork was so soft and the fries( yes I said fries instead of chips) were crispy and just the way I like them.



Parker got the fried chicken sandwich which is suppose to be one of their most popular sandwiches, oddly enough but I understand why. I of course had serious food envy! It always happens me that I want what he gets and he has to share with me then. I think every girlfriend is like that right? We did agree we would do that when ordering though to be fair haha. The buttermilk fried chicken is placed between two crispy yet soft buns with lettuce, pickles, hot sauce and creamy herb sauce. The hot sauce does have a good kick to it if like a bit of spice in your life.



You can enjoy a cosy (by cosy I mean its very small) sit down on their gorgeous red stools inside the industrial style interior or you can take it away and have some time alone with your amazing sandwich! Be warned though you might need a nap afterwards...It's that good!


I want to go again now after writing this!
Talk soon xx
Zita J





No comments:

Post a Comment