Monday 18 May 2015

Packing.

Ok, so its 9 weeks today that I'm jetting off and yes, I have started packing. For some of ye reading this ye are probably thinking, "is this one off her head", but in fact this process is more daunting then your ordinary packing for a weeks holiday. I have to try fit my whole room into one suitcase (jokes). All jokes aside this task is something I have to plan well and I thought I better start sooner rather than later because knowing me I will be spending the last few days at home, crying to my cat, freaking out about leaving and having all the Barrys Tea and Taytos I can manage, just in case I can't find "real" tea and crisps in Toronto.

So the first thing I did two weeks ago was buy new suitcases. A large one and a carry on. I bought them in home store and more for half price and they both came to €75 .They are light weight and come in lots of different colours. I got them in purple of course. (I love purple). They still have the offer. See pic below:



We are flying with Aer Lingus and we are only allowed one bag (23kg) and one carry on. Naturally, this is freaking me out. Since I  am going in the summer I need to pack summer clothes like shorts and t-shirts as the temperatures can be between 25-40 degrees. HOWEVER, the winter is a different story altogether and temperatures have reached as low as -32.(As I wrote that I nearly change my mind about going). So that means I have to pack hats, scarfs and long johns :-) For people who know me, they will know I am always cold.They have laughed at me thinking about the winter that I will be facing. I'm just not going to think about how cold it will be and maybe then it won't happen right? I am more worried about how I will get all the clothes and shoes I love in. Oh god the shoes! How will I leave some of them behind :-( As the time gets closer, I might consider buying a second bag, for my shoes( jokes).

Summer
-v-
Winter

I hear vacuum bags are quite good also for getting lots of clothes into one suitcase so I think I may have to purchase some and see how I go. Packing aside, for now and you can probably tell by my face in the above photo, I am a little worried about the cold but I'm sure I'll get on with it. One thing is for certain though, I am not leaving the country without my dressing gown. The moment I get in from work it goes on, I wear it so much at home that my niece has pointed at dressing gowns in shops and said "Zita J".(Awks).Nothing beats being comfy though.


Talk soon.
Zita J
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment