Monday 25 May 2015

Its all sinking in...

Happy Monday Everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. I said to myself last week I would have a quite weekend but as soon as I saw the sunshine Friday afternoon, I thought why not go enjoy it while it lasts. So after work myself and my boyfriend headed to Deep South for a few drinks in their fabulous beer garden. I hadn't been there in awhile and the outside area has changed a bit, there is a new bar with different craft beers and a summer cocktails menu. They also have a new food menu, which is amazing! They cook it outside right in front of you and I would highly recommend the messy chips. When it got a little chilly we went inside and met a few friends and the night continued.







Seeing as I went out Friday, you would think that I would take it easy Saturday. That was not the case. After spending the morning playing with my niece and taking millions of videos and photos of her because she is so cute, I got a call from one of my friends asking me if I wanted to go to Baltimore for the night, She was leaving within the hour and I'm not going to lie it didn't take much convincing. So myself and two friends headed west. 

I love Baltimore! Every time I go there I have so much fun, that might be the company though. (Aww isn't that just lovely? ) When we arrived we met my friend Linda's friends and they took us up to the top of a cliff. The view from the top was only breath taking, while standing there I did think for a moment, what a beautiful country and I will be leaving it all behind in a matter of weeks.


As the day turned into night we enjoyed a gorgeous dinner in La Jolie Brise. From there it gets a bit hazy,with flashbacks of eating a meatball wrap while the woman cooking it tries to show me tricks to get rid of hiccups, to making a rap name called EZ Money and reciting The Real Slim Shady to justify my new rapper identity. I am normal I swear! 

When morning arrived we headed off for breakfast in the Glebe Gardens. This is another amazing place if you ever visit Baltimore. The food was delicious and the gardens and walks around it are so beautiful.




We ended the day with a hilarious event called The Wooden Boat Festival . This event was running all weekend but the highlight was on Sunday when we watched a group of people, who had built boats the day before, attempt to race each other. The atmosphere down there was incredible, most of the boats stayed afloat and the ones that did sink looked like they had the most fun. Sitting on the pier with the sun beating down, I couldn't help but think that I need to enjoy every weekend immensely with my friends especially after figuring out that I only have about 3 weekends left with some of them, I think it might of been "the fear" taking over but it was all sinking in.

For now I am looking forward to this weekend because I am heading away with my Dad and Parker for four days. I can't complain really.

Talk soon xx
Zita J



  

No comments:

Post a Comment