Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Waiting Game.

Welcome all to my first ever blog post, so whats this all about you may ask? Well back in January I was sitting at home, still recovering from overindulging at Christmas and already after breaking my New Years resolutions, when I started thinking about what direction I wanted my life to go in. While happy in the job I am in and life in general, I just wanted a change. At 25 years of age I felt I had more to see and explore, so the planning begun. I had a chat (not a long one to be honest) with my boyfriend, when we both decided we were on the same wave length. After trashing out a few ideas, weighing up what destination we both would like and me instantly ruling out Australia due to the fear a spider would kill me in my sleep, or a snake or a shark. (I'm a wimp), we came to the conclusion that Canada was the best choice for us. I know there is bears and mousses that could kill me but bears are kinda cuddly right? (jokes).

Anyway, irrational fears aside, from January onward, we played "The Waiting Game". In order to live and work in Canada you must get a working holiday visa. Last year, this type of visa was released early in the year and various websites stated that it would be the same this year. That was not the case, every day for FOUR MONTHS we checked the website for any mention of visas and it was not until mid April that the day finally came and by God were we ready, filling out our application in 1 minute. So from here on, the only waiting game we have to play is waiting to move our life to Canada in the Summer. The main reason behind my blog is solely for me (selfish I know), I don't have a very good memory,people who know me well can vouch for me on this one.I want to remember my new adventure and all the memories I make, I want to share them with the people who I unfortunately will be leaving behind. My blog is just for fun, for me, my family, friends and anyone who would like to see how I am getting on with the new chapter in my life. I am not a writer, I am just a normal girl with fears and worries like the next person and a girl who is courageous and ambitious and wants to regret the things I did,not the things I didn't do. (Prepare for cheesy and emotional sentences like that).
 Hope you enjoy my blog,
 Zita J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment