Monday 14 December 2015

'Tis The Season

Hey,

Welcome to Monday, don't worry it is nearly over. Hang in there. So this week I have started my proper shift at my new job. I am feeling positive about the whole thing and  I am getting use to my new role and this new experience that I face. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the Friday feeling around the office and knowing I had 2 days off to myself. Do you hear me? "Around the office", law de daw, still getting use to the fact I work in an office haha.

When I think about it though, all my previous jobs even since I was 17 have been jobs where I had to wear a uniform. Childcare required a uniform, my recent hostess job required a uniform and so on. Now I finally get to dress as I wish and feel like a fancy pants, its the little things that keep me happy as you can see. I know the privilege will probably wear off when on a Sunday night I have no clean or ironed shirts and I can't just wear a tracksuit pants into work, For now I am getting a thrill out of dressing up during the week.

So as I had the weekend to myself, the celebrations and countdown to Christmas have begun. On Friday, my friends and I attempted the 12 pubs of Christmas. We went to a new location where we knew there were a lot of bars but I am embarrassed to say we only did a pathetic 5 pubs (I am sorry Ireland for letting you down). In our defense however we started late enough and we weren't as familiar with the bars compared to our usual spots, we didn't know what to expect.

One bar in particular that we went in to, I quickly took off my flashing antlers as we realised it was a fancy Portuguese wine bar. We didn't stay long in that place as you can imagine. Overall a great night was spent with friends to celebrate our first Christmas in Toronto and a last night out with a few of them as they head home for Christmas, not jealous at all:-( I am going to try make the most of the Christmas celebrations here as its new and something different to other years. I know already I am going to find it difficult not being home for Christmas but then again spending it with someone I love and enjoying it with friends is also what its all about. Emotions are running high as we received our first care package from home courtesy of Parker's parents. It had some really special presents inside and of course, me being me..I cried when we opened it. Some things never change! Have a great week everyone;-)






Talk soon xx
Zita J 






No comments:

Post a Comment